Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Animator to join our talented team at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex. Your mission is to empower our animators and artists to create visual excellence, pushing our games to the next level.
As a Senior Technical Animator, you will work with the animation and engineering teams to devise animation solutions and pipelines, create character rigs, and assist in developing our animation workflows.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Define, create, and maintain a rich set of in-house tools to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation and art teams
- Have a thirst for innovation and visual quality
- Be able to communicate well, helping to solve problems
- Collaborate with the team to develop new features, and character workflow.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience as Technical Animator / Character Rigger / Character TD in either games, film, or cg animation
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Expert knowledge of Python
- UE4 or similar engine production experience with characters and animation systems
- Proven skills and experience in Character pipelines and workflow
- Proven skills and experience in Maya character rigging
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Pro-active communication and problem-solving skills - both within and outside of your department
- Unreal physics experience a big advantage
- Maya C++ and / or Maya python API’s a plus
- Motion Builder
- Motion Capture processes and pipelines
- Proven skills and experience in facial rigging
- UE4 blend trees and state machines
- Understanding of 3D maths (linear algebra, vector and matrix maths)
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.