This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Multi-Genre Video Games
This developer is well-known for creating high quality and recognised games for some of the world’s largest publishers. With continued success there is space in the animation team for a Senior Technical Animator to keep pushing the tools and technology in games development.
- Experience in a Technical Animation role and demo reel that reflects this.
- Excellent knowledge of skinning, rigging and character setup in Maya and/or Motion Builder.
- Technical understanding of Unreal Engine, working with animation blueprints, character dynamics, and cloth physics.
- Comprehensive understanding of anatomy and deformation, as well as traditional animation fundamentals for human and non-human characters.
- Demonstrate an understanding of pipelines and procedures within the game development process.
- Knowledge of character creation process from concept to modelling and final rigging.
- Scripting via Python and/or MEL (Maya API and/or C++ experience is an advantage).
- Experience with HumanIK, motion capture data, and project asset management is desirable.
- Create, manage, and maintain a class-leading character pipeline.
- Collaborate closely with animators to provide artist-friendly tools and rigging solutions.
- Offer detailed input during the character creation process, from concept to modelling to final rigging, identifying character performance and functionality requirements.
- Work with Code and Design teams to achieve engaging player experiences.
- Help to streamline performance and optimisation alongside Engine and Tech teams.
- Help in Lead responsibilities such as mentoring, scheduling and R&D into new features.
- Relocation support and VISA Sponsorship
- Remote work options from the UK
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working
- 27 paid holiday days
- And much more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!