Senior Technical Animator / Rigger to join this Barcelona based studio working on a new, original IP, AAA open world title developed in UE5. The studio is run by a team of industry veterans with a track record of success from the likes of EA, Ubisoft, Remedy and Eidos.
The Senior Technical Animator will establish tools and pipelines that support and improves the character modelling, rigging, cinematic, and animation team creation workflows and integration into the Unreal engine.
- Define the animation and cinematic pipelines and assist the animation team in streamlining and optimizing their workflows in Maya
- Support the animation team in implementing character and prop animations into Unreal engine
- Establish and develop the pipeline to deform and animate photo-realistic characters in Maya in an AAA game production
- Create and maintain photo-realistic character rigs that are modular and support multiple sizes, as well as non-biped characters
- Setup and maintain clothing and hair dynamics for all characters, as well as complex props for gameplay and cinematics
- Work closely with programmers to define and implement character and animation performance targets in engine
- Create blueprints and animation graphs inside Unreal engine to support implementation of animation systems and gameplay mechanics
- Support mocap production and offer solutions to streamline it
- Assist in planning and scheduling of technical animation production
- Research and share knowledge of existing VFX and AAA game working practices
- Occasionally support Associate Director in recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- 6+ years' experience in AAA video games and at least one AAA shipped title
- Expertise implementing animation tools and pipelines in Maya
- Experience in rigging and skinning photo-realistic characters in Maya
- Experience implementing characters and animations in Unreal engine
- Knowledge of a high-level coding language. (Python, C#, C++, etc.)
- Experience in motion capture techniques and Motion Builder is a plus
- Good level of English verbal and written communication skills
- Have a good eye for anatomy and animation
- Highly self-motivated, collaborative, and positive attitude
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to 2nd January).
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave
- Hybrid work model (3 days in the office, 2 days work from home) and Flexible Friday.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona, 15min from the beach
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package with VISA support.
They value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Salary to €65k plus benefits
CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org