Project: AAA Single-Player Action-RPG
Our client was founded by an industry legend with a proven track record of delivering multiple AAA games. With this new venture comes an amazing and rare opportunity to be their first hire for the technical animation department.
It will be your mission to establish the AAA quality bar through defining, setting-up and maintaining animation pipelines and facilitating animators and designers to help maximise efficiency in feature development and choose tech as you see fit without any existing legacy. Being the first Technical Animator in the studio, means that you will BE everything technical animation. You will also be responsible for state machine design and implementation, player mechanics, rigging characters with a focus on gameplay animations and in-game narrative.
- Technical Animation experience in the games industry where you have been part of many phases of production.
- Background in setting up pipelines and implementing them.
- Ability to provide character rigging / skinning.
- Experience writing scripts and tools using C++ or Python is desirable.
- Knowledge of cloth, physics and ragdoll and/or performance impact and memory cost is desirable.
- Establish, define, setup and maintain animation pipelines.
- Assist animators and designers to maximize efficiency in feature development.
- Collaborate with other departments to define and set up work flows and pipelines to choose the best tech.
- State machine design and implementation, player mechanics, rigging characters with a focus on gameplay animations and in-game narrative.
- Independent studio financed by industry veteran, COO and Founder.
- All essential; insurances, pensions and funding are all in place.
- Get involved in building both the company and a new IP from the ground up.
- Creative freedom to make impactful decisions.
- AAA games with a small studio approach.
- The core team have a proven track-record of developing multi-million selling franchises such as Just Cause, Battlefield franchise, PayDay and GTA.
- Focus on developing mature IP, where character and narrative takes centre stage.
- All games will be developed on Unreal Engine 5.
Interested in finding out more about the studio, project and benefits of working at this studio? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!