This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Job Location: Remote, North West UK
Project: AAA Games
This UK developer is rapidly growing with many high-end games in development across multiple genres including Narrative Adventure and Action Shooter titles. They are a team of professional, friendly developers who form a world class studio staffed with excited, passionate creators who love to collaborate across varied, inspiring, and challenging games.
As a Senior Technical Animator, you will work closely with other animators and tech animators to iterate, evolve, and polish animations to the highest quality possible, on a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals.
- Experience as a Senior Technical Animator on a t least one project in Games or similar
- Examples of producing high quality rigged and skinned characters
- Experience working with motion capture data from 3rd party providers desirable
- Expert knowledge of animation and the processes involved in creating animations
- Great understanding of Maya and Motion Builder
- Familiarity with implementing animation and animation logic in a game engine
- Assist the Animation team with planning, knowledge sharing and general technical support
- Produce tools/scripts to aid animators with regards to exporting to game
- Character rigging/skinning including facial set-ups, cloth/hair/physics, and props
- Assist with the implementation of best-in-class character animation
- Work closely with code and animation team to make sure they are working as efficiently and as stress free as possible.
- Assist the Leads and wider team to create and maintain documentation standards and practices for in-game technical animation
- Recognising shortfalls in technical animation skills and assisting with the recruitment process
- Python experience
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine
- Knowledge and understanding of Unreal Engine AnimGraph, Montages, Blendspaces etc
- Experience with Unreal Engine Sequencer
- Console development experience
- Relocation Assistance if required
- Full Time remote contract if in the UK already
- Generous holiday allowance
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Performance related Bonus
- Private healthcare plan
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!