This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is a well-established UK developer based in Guildford, who are seeking a Senior Technical Artist work on their latest studio title for the next gen.
The successful candidate will be experienced working on published console titles with a strong understanding of commercial industry tools. They will join a dynamic team and work across multiple disciplines, with the focus on pushing the boundaries for quality and efficiency to create a genuine AAA experience.
- Professional experience in UE4 or a comparable engine
- Professional experience with commercial art tools such as 3DS Max/Maya, Photoshop, and Substance
- Good professional experience as a technical artist or similar, having work on at least on publish title, preferably AAA.
- Strong understanding of multiple art and animation pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline, or other appropriate training
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb time management and prioritisation skills
- Assist the Art Team with their technical demands, liaising with engineering on issues
- Stay up to date on developments and methodologies in existing and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes
- Partake in the development of technology road maps and tools
- Optimise content for memory and performance whilst preserving visual quality
- Be aware of possible risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management
- Cooperate with team leads to detect and develop art production processes and technologies that meet artists’ needs for producing high quality art with limited resources
- Collaborate to determine on the best working practices
- Be a reference for the team in relation to technical art, creating solutions to complex issues
- Offer feedback and advise team members on the project
- Support the Art Director, Technical Director and Lead Artist in ad hoc tasks and duties
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Experience with Houdini is a big plus
- Experience with scripting/programming languages including: Max Script, Python, C++
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!