OPMs client is looking for a experienced and talented Senior Technical Artist (Unreal) to help them create a vast, expansive AAA open world game.
The successful candidate knows how to create tools, assets, and pipelines in Unreal that integrate well with Unreal Engine for the next generation of our clients game platforms.
- Established experience developing tools and assets in Unreal for the game industry with one shipped title.
- Established experience developing stable and useful tools for asset development support, with two shipped titles.
- Strong understanding of the performance implications of open-world development on consoles and PCs.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively balance the needs of game design, art, and programming.
- A web portfolio that demonstrates usable game development and tools.
- Samples, demonstrations, or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome development challenges.
- Be able to work comfortably with common scripting languages (MAXScript, MEL script, Python, etc.)
- Experience with shading language (HLSL/CG/etc.)
- Experience using 3ds Max, Maya, and Substance Designer or Painter.
- Work daily with production, art, and design teams to design, create, and implement production-ready world-building solutions for export to Unreal Engine.
- Work with design and art to find areas for improvement and help prototype or implement solutions.
- Explore novel ways to populate and annotate game levels, allowing artists and designers to have a wider positive impact on the look and design without sacrificing creative control over their craft.
- Create new or modify existing world-building methods to help speed up the iteration times of the Design and Art teams.
- Work to improve the tools artists use outside of the game engine, such as Substance Designer/Painter, 3ds Max, Maya, ZBrush, etc.
- Assist programmers and designers in researching and developing new game features.
- Help standardize the workflow and pipelines for asset creation.
- Drive and maintain performance goals and optimizations in tool development.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to 2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!