This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client builds ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
As a Senior Technology Programmer, you will be responsible for the day to day development of game features across multiple platforms. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the underlying technology within a title, potentially mentoring and managing one or two junior programmers to help achieve your goals. You will be capable and responsible for estimating the time and cost of feature implementation, and then meeting those budgets. You will be helped in this and report to the lead programmer on the team who will be your line manager.
In a typical day you will be required to design, implement and debug technology within the game you are working on, potentially working across multiple platforms simultaneously. You know how to use the tools required, including dev kits to refine, polish and optimize the game systems to meet the highest standards. You will have excellent communication skills enabling you to define requirements for your work with content creators, and to accurately report progress and issues as the feature progresses. Finally, you will be able to share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team, improving their abilities on a day to day basis.
To be successful you must have:
- Extensive commercial C++ experience, coding and debugging.
- At least one area of specialism within game developments (graphics, networking, AI, etc.).
- Experience of working with a commercial game engine or large in-house game engine.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of build and pipeline systems within game development.
- At least 1 shipped title (preferably console).
It would be advantageous if you have:
- Good time management and self-motivation skills.
- Ability to take direction and criticism.
- Experience with small team management, and mentoring.
- Knowledge of large scale asset pipelines.
- Knowledge of source control and asset management tools.