This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client builds ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. They are situated just north-east of the city centre, where they've built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
They are looking for a Senior UI Artist to come and join their team in Sheffield! This person will create engaging and functional 2D and 3D graphics, including menu screens, HUD, and all additional user interface graphics.
- Design, creation and implementation of game User Interfaces using proprietary and middleware UI tools
- Organisation and maintenance of game-ready assets for use in user interfaces, such as textures, icons, and fonts
- Work with Design and Art Direction, on the creation and revision of UI concepts and prototype flows, to establish the UI direction
- Work closely with Design direction to ensure clear communication of essential information to the player
- Work with UI programmers to ensure correct functionality and visual fidelity
- Expert graphic design skills in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience creating user interfaces from concept to prototype to final
- Excellent use of typography, composition, colour theory and motion graphics
- Good understanding of UX design for console and PC
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with Art, Design and Code
- Strong pre-visualisation and implementation skills
- Strong After Effects abilities
- Extensive experience working on AAA video games
- High levels of competence with Max, Maya or equivalent modelling and animation packages
- UE4 experience
- Animation experience