A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Apply your passion for creating unforgettable online games and drive technology development using Unreal Engine 5, enabling an ambitious team to help create a deeply connected experience. Collaborate with peers and the production team to innovate and focus the development of an exciting new gaming experience.Key Duties:
- Provide professional UI development from a technical and personnel level.
- Determine the UI technical requirements, architecture and pipeline.
- Manage localisation and accessibility functionality alongside UI/UX design.
- Liaise with the team to create a robust technical document on different development platforms/consoles.
- Setup processes while working in collaboration with other teams (internal or external) to efficiently meet the technical needs of the assigned project.
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development of games, providing solutions to resolve potentially complex problems.
- Support the development team with recruitment.
- Experience in UE4/UE5 C++, Blueprints and UMG.
- Experience developing and shipping connected games.
- Experience setting up workflows and communicating them to the development team effectively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to ensure you can confidently communicate ideas to technical and non-technical team members.
- Previous experience in a Senior role on another game team.
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Prior experience developing on console platforms.
- Understanding the DevOps function within a development team and how to embrace that culture for success.
- Experience or understanding of online gaming.
- Experience or knowledge of Free-to-Play games.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.