SENIOR UI & UX DESIGNER
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE HEAD OF DESIGN AND UX
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO AS PART OF YOUR APPLICATION ***
We’re looking for a passionate UI Designer to join our growing and ambitious Product team! We’re looking for someone that understands that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and trade-offs, and that makes well-reasoned design decisions always advocating for the best possible user experience, inclusive design and accessibility.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an enthusiastic and experienced UI Designer. You will have some UX knowledge but perhaps your passion really lies in the UI-focused aspect of design. You'll understand the need for easy-to-use, well-designed applications that enable the user to access what they need and complete their task in a timely manner, ensuring that enabling speedy patient care is at the heart of the process.
- Focus on building collaborating relationships with key stakeholders, a cross-disciplinary team, to set priorities towards meaningful design solutions to meet player and business goals.
- Responsible for all design artefacts produced, from initial discovery and user journey mapping through to the execution of final UI design details.
- Identifying sudden and gradual consumer trends, cross gravitations, churns & attrition & pinpoint future data-driven opportunities through your learnings.
- Deeply understand the customers you're designing for. Whether it's joining user research sessions, learning from previous insights, or running your own research and analysis, you'll strive to understand how our consumers use and interact with our services.
- Maintain best practices, create opportunities for challenge and growth, develop solutions and collaborate effectively with other departments.
- With focus and determination all the above will lead to learning & building Customer LTV (Customer Lifetime Value) – You will Experiment and Develop proven ideas to drive consumer adoption, retention & loyalties to SEGA brands.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate must have experience:
- Significant experience working within the digital sector
- Expertise in Adobe CC, Adobe XD or Figma.
- Demonstrable, basic level of HTML5 and CSS experience
- Using a user-centred approach, access and evaluate behaviours of our target audiences, to help inform and improve the experience and design of our online platform.
- Communicating ideas with senior client stakeholders while also managing their expectations.
- Delivering responsive/mobile friendly and content-rich website projects.
- Working in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Prototyping, creating story maps, writing user stories and agile software development practices.
- Must keep up to speed with legal compliances GDPR, PECR & ESRB.