Our client is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of players!
They also recently unveiled their next title: a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Their close relationship with the community is for a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. Tehy are, of course, happy that their games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly they’re really proud of the way they create games together with players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this.
The creation of a smart and interesting AI, however challenging, is essential for well-designed 4X games. Which is precisely why they have developed their own AI technology. Today, their goal moving forward, is to further develop this technology; pushing it to new heights so that it can handle increasingly advanced problems.
In this respect, they are looking for a Senior AI Programmer.
More specifically, under the supervision of the Technical Director and current Lead AI Programmer, you will:
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams to understand AI needs
- Develop and implement features (conception & architecture) to create an efficient AI, smart and fun to play
- Have a global view of all AI development and help the Lead AI Programmer to define the technical direction of the AI Team.
- Develop the framework to improve the AI of Amplitude Games.
- Mentor Junior AI Programmers / AI Designers
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Statistics or equivalent expertise
- Extensive experience in video game industry in a similar or relevant position (with specialization in strategy-based games if possible)
- AI specialization with an excellent theoretical knowledge
- Good understanding of multi-threading, optimization and performance problematics
Required skills and profile:
- Excellent C# ability, Unity understanding
- Strong knowledge of mathematics, computer science and artificial intelligence
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (game designers, producers…)
- Responsible & creative
- Fully fluent in English