Senior Unity Developer – BAFTA-Nominated Studio – Remote Working
Amiqus have partnered exclusively with BAFTA-nominated and award winning creative and development studio Land & Sea Games, who are looking for a talented Senior Unity Developer to help work on the Alto Series. The studio has built a fantastic reputation, having shipped the visually stunning Alto’s Adventure and Alto’s Odyssey.
Land & Sea is a small team of creatives crafting meaningful, highly polished experiences. Their vision entails sustainable work practices including, realistic work hours, zero crunch, and a focus on developing games that add value to the lives of their players. They are an inclusive studio that seeks to provide a healthy and supportive work environment for their team.
This role offers a great deal of ownership over the Alto codebase going forward and would suit someone who enjoys working autonomously in a small, cross discipline team. This role would suit a broadly experienced programmer, who enjoys working in a highly collaborative team environment. The ideal candidate will work confidently across all areas of the Alto projects, including; systems and tools development, implementation, optimisation and platform integration.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a small group, where they can make a big impact and share their experience with the remainder of the team, regardless of discipline. In this role you will be encouraged to solve problems creatively and collaboratively, while weighing in on other aspects of the project, such as design, especially as it relates to your core work as a programmer.
This role is 100% remote working, however due to time zones and work patterns, candidates from the UK and Europe are preferred.
- Experience in senior commercial game programming roles
- Extensive experience working in the Unity game engine
- Fluent in C#
- Experience with writing native Unity plugins in Objective-C or Swift
- One or more titles shipped on iOS, tvOS and macOS
- Personal initiative: ability to make key decisions without guidance when necessary
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills
- Experience authoring development and testing tools in Unity
- An interest and willingness to engage in the game design process
- A keen interest in nurturing the Alto series into the future
- Team or product lead experience (in any role)
- Experience with automated build/ testing and CI systems such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience working on GAAS, liveops or post-launch support for premium titles
- Experience with procedural generation systems and deterministic gameplay
- A solid understanding of modern optimisation techniques for mobile titles
- Experience working integrating a title into Apple Arcade and other key Apple services, such as; Game Center, iCloud/Cloudkit, Telemetry, etc.
- A strong understanding of the existing Alto titles from a player perspective
This role is exclusive to Amiqus, so if you’re interested please send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference ‘LS-Ami’.