Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on our most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross-platform IP in partnership with a world-renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join us on our quest to forge a place in players' hearts.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
The Visual Effects Artist creates and implements, special effects in accordance with the project’s artistic direction and production deadlines. The ideal candidate should have strong artistic skills and an understanding of the technical constraints of UNITY and the projects target platforms.
Here's what you will be doing:
You will be able to use a variety of tools to create all aspects of special effects artwork:
Particle system templates and animation
Particle models (as necessary)
- Come up with creative ideas and solutions and communicate them to the leads;
- Works with the lead to create a plan and schedule;
- Help create and maintain VFX focused pipelines;
- Proactively communicates task status to peers, customers, and leads;
- Regularly follows up on the status of dependencies that are holding up the task;
- Corrects defects discovered by QA in a timely fashion;
- Provides self-assessment on how to improve own performance;
- Matches the required art style of a project;
- Works closely with the direction of Creative Leadership to create high-quality visual effects;
- Collaborates with Technical Artist to ensure necessary technology/ features are present in order to reach the visual benchmarks;
- Creates and maintains workflow documentation for your team's content;
- Shares artistic knowledge with artists, and supports them when needed;
To do this job, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in game-oriented visual effects, or equivalent training and experience;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in VFX creation, modelling, texture, lighting and image processing or other relevant experience;
- Good knowledge of in-game special effects, including but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, After Effects, or equivalent tools;
- Excellent knowledge of UNITY particles/dynamics systems, and special effects creation;
- Must be creative and be able to adapt to a variety of art styles;
- Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices;
- Must be responsible, proactive, accountable, and personable;
- Good organizational and analytical skills, and able to solve problems;
- Passion for creating and playing games, regardless of platform or genre;
- Able to take constructive criticism and keep up with changes;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Team player;
- Good communication skills.
- Scripting skills (Mel Script, Python, HLSL) a plus
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Experience with a number of Game engines and VFX creation tools.
- A passion for MMO's and Fantasy RPG's
- Good understanding of art fundamentals: colour theory, lighting, shape, composition, etc;
- Remote status Temporarily remote