OPM’s client are looking for a talented Senior VFX Artist to join a top-tier, experienced team to help craft cutting edge AAA open-world games.
The successful candidate must be highly passionate and driven when it comes to crafting cutting edge AAA visual effects with the skills to realize that motivation.
- Extensive experience working on AAA game productions, having gone through at least one full game development cycle
- Expert in creating high-quality particle effects and textures
- A strong understanding of colour theory and animation principles at large but especially when it comes to visual effects.
- The ability to view visual reference of an effect, deconstruct it and subsequently re-create it in a real-time game engine is essential
- Strong knowledge of what it takes to create the visual effects for a AAA game and all areas that entails.
- High proficiency in technical problem solving and optimization when it comes to visual effects
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe After Effects and Houdini
- Great communication skills, being able to maintain communication with multiple teams within a large project and foster a cooperative environment is essential, along with being able to provide accurate estimates and prioritize their own and their teams work
- Experience with developing tools and pipelines in collaboration with programmers to bring out the best possible result for the game.
- Experience working with and knowledge of current console hardware
- Knowledge of creating real time effects through proprietary engines
- Experience in writing scripts/plugins in MEL, C/C++ for Maya
- A background in creating real time shaders and post effects
- Have experience teaching and mentoring new artists
- Working with the Art Director, the VFX team and designers to create visually stunning effects.
- Help manage, research, and evolve the pipeline and create amazing visual effects.
- Deliver compelling special effects for an original IP.
- Create, implement, and optimise full screen and particle visual effects.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!