This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are famous for their outstanding, team-based multiplayer games that inspire friendship, competition and teamwork.
They are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Senior VFX Artist to help creating stunning visual effects using a mixture of technical and artistic skills.
- Work alongside the project VFX team to push the creation and enhancement of gameplay and environmental effects
- Communicate and motivate the team, while mentoring junior artists in their development and learning
- Work closely with Art team to accentuate visual fidelity, Designers to enhance immersion and player experience, and Technical Art to maintain performance requirements
- Ability to set and maintain effective VFX pipelines, and to advocate best practices for cross-discipline collaboration
- Experience on a minimum of 3 shipped AAA titles as a VFX Artist
- Expertise in fundamentals of VFX including timing, composition, colour and how VFX provide gameplay feedback
- Background authoring real-time VFX and have a good understanding of the technical constraints of Console and PC budgets
- Great experience with node-based material generation workflows
- Up to date with latest digital art techniques, practices, tools, software, and trends
- Knowledge of production constraints and collaboration needs in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4’s VFX and Physics tools
- Previous roles as a Senior, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of rigid body, pyro, and fluid simulation
- Technical knowledge of 3D asset building and surfacing packages
- Ability to take ownership of VFX implementation
- Comfortable working autonomously to meet expectations and deliveries
- Houdini FX knowledge
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!