Creative Assembly are looking for an innovative and experienced Senior Video Creative to work on our exciting new Sci-Fi FPS IP.
An expert in Unreal Engine, your role will include cinematics creation, gameplay capture, shooting & editing digital video, motion graphics, multiple format deliveries and creative ideas. As a key member of the brand team, you’ll help to create compelling content propositions for the global campaign.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience with Unreal Engine and be able to propose creative executions for cinematic and gameplay trailers, creative video concepts and live streams, to showcase all aspects of our new IP to a superior level.
Working with the latest software packages and kit, you’ll be able to concept, create and deliver impactful and engaging video executions that amaze the audience across all formats and platforms – from cinematic and gameplay trailers to short-form social teasers, as well as managing live stream setups and interactive broadcasts.
Experienced in the creation of content using in-game footage and working with the wider team to arrange gameplay capture, as well as live action, you’ll also be able to shoot and be an expert in kit, studio setups and motion graphics, live streaming, and all things video-related. You’ll also have knowledge of the processes needed to support this work and the ability to identify issues and propose solutions.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience working with Unreal engine an absolute must
- Highly skilled with video editing, colour grading, audio mixing, animation and VFX packages including Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premier and After Effects
- A creative thinker, able to contribute innovative ideas
- Previous experience working on a AAA game title or theatrical movie campaign
- Vast knowledge of camera kit and studio setup
- Understanding of video format requirements from large scale trailers to social media platforms
- Experience working with live streams and software tools, e.g. OBS Studio
- Knowledge and understanding of localisation pipeline
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver under pressure
- A passion and interest in the first-person shooter (FPS) genre on PC or console
- Photoshop expertise
- Experience mentoring junior members of staff
- Experience running a YouTube / Twitch / Mixer channel
- Experience with interactive video
- Comfortable and personable in front of camera as well as behind it
- Experience managing other content creators
As part of your application, it is essential to provide a showreel - either included as a link in your CV or separate file upload, for us to review.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.