Our client is an award-winning studio in central London looking for a Server Lead Programmer to join and be responsible for enhancing and developing online backend systems for their AAA games.
The Ideal candidate has experience with functional requirements of online services from perspective of real time/game applications, working with/architecting scalable compute clusters. The position involves working across disciplinary groups, including interacting with game design and programming teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing reliable and high-performance online services for our games Making key decisions on server side architecture
- Providing advice to the rest of the team on server-side issues Building and managing a small server side team of programmers
- Planning and organizing tasks, to deliver features to a schedule
- Working with the other Leads to coordinate tasks and technical implementation, based on the current roadmap. This will include working with other disciplines such as Design and QA
- As a senior team member you’ll help mentor junior team members and plan their skills development Creating and maintaining technical documentation as required
Required Experience and Skills
- Professional Game Programming Experience (at least 4 years) including 1 or more shipped games
- Proven ability to organize and coordinate a small team of programmers
- Working knowledge of C++, NodeJS, SQL/NoSQL Docker and orchestration software such as Marathon or Kubenetes
- Experience with designing around databases
- Excellent Communication and Writing Skills
- Conceptual grasp of user generated content, persistent environments, large, simulated worlds
- For cycling fans our Cycle to Work Scheme enables employees to save money and spread the cost of a new bike.
- To support our team’s wellbeing we offer an Eyecare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (which includes mental health support) and trained Mental Health First Aiders. We offer a generous family policy including 8 weeks fully paid paternity leave and 6 months fully paid maternity leave.
- Great central London office location near to several excellent food markets and lots of great pubs and restaurants. The office also comes equipped with free fruit and refreshments, an arcade machine and table football
Please email me your CV as a Word document along with you updated URL portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference 2288
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR complaint.