A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Reporting to the Lead Community Manager, you’ll be part of the publishing team that shapes the community strategy across all our titles. Your role will include creating exciting social content for all Jagex titles (RuneScape, Old School RuneScape, and Space Punks), contributing to the development and growth of our platforms and audiences, contributing to the community strategy and much more. Your experience in content production and execution will shape how we think of communication and how our players stay informed. Key Duties:
- Create and adapt social media content for owned social media channels and platforms
- Be on the cutting edge of existing and new content formats to take advantage of new opportunities as they emerge
- Manage and execute all social media programs and initiatives for RuneScape, Old School RuneScape and other titles
- Maximise opportunities for audience interaction and engagement across several platforms
- Identify new opportunities for growth and development of platforms and channels
- Ensure consistency in tone of voice and personality across all social media platforms
- Write engaging copy that is appropriate for the audience and platforms
- Work closely with the Community and Marketing teams for Jagex titles stakeholders to ensure alignment on communication and engagement goals
- Prepare and send regular reports on social media performance
- Use analytics platforms and audience analysis tools to identify when to create content and how to deliver it to audiences.
- Experience running social media channels in gaming, media, or entertainment
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, or similar, for asset creation
- Deep understanding of the key platform algorithms
- Experience with geo-targeting and content localisation
- Passion for digital storytelling
- Experience with social media content management and creation
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external
- Knowledge of how to operate & maximise the effectiveness of various social media channels in a cross-platform environment
- Up to date on the latest social media platform
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.