Big Run Studios is a team of veteran gaming industry professionals who share a passion to create cutting edge games for traditionally underserved audiences. The Social Media Marketing Manager will strategize and execute engagement tactics that aim to grow, strengthen and excite our growing community of players on social media. This individual will be responsible for creating innovative content across our social channels, building relationships with players that frequent these channels and serving as a voice for our player community.
By leveraging social media and other communication tools, the Social Media Manager will develop ways to acquire new players, retain existing players and positively impact overall sentiment towards our games. This role will also be expected to work closely with Customer Service, Development, Creative Marketing, Communications & User Acquisition teams to surface trends, discuss opportunities and areas of improvement in order to provide the highest quality experience for our players, both in-game and out of game.
- Strategize, outline and execute creative, ROI-based social and community campaigns across key communication channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube, website, and other emerging platforms).
- Create, schedule and monitor social editorial calendar with an eye for diverse editorial storytelling that aligns with our corporate and product mission.
- Liaise with Creative Marketing Manager to create social media assets; explaining the strategy, tactic and goal.
- Build, manage and cultivate relationships with a community of players, advocates and influencers on social media platforms.
- Measure player feedback, sentiment and trends therein; providing ongoing analysis and reporting to inform game development decisions.
- Respond to player inquiries that come in via social media channels; liaise with Customer Support teams to identify and action core issues or opportunities.
- 4+ years of previous experience in a Social Media Management or similar role, preferably within the gaming, entertainment or consumer-facing industry
- A passion for games and a knowledge of the mobile ecosystem
- Experience developing / executing content strategy across social media and web platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong social media writing with best practices that drive call to actions with audiences
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment, take initiative and have a “get things done” approach.
- Adapt to changes quickly and stretch your skills beyond your traditional comfort zone to learn more, do more and achieve more professionally.
- Analytical and curious – interested in exploring new ways to communicate and measure engagement
- Previous experience working on successful social media campaigns that increased followers and/or supported VIP audiences.
- Basic working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, After Effects or desktop publishing tool
- Personal experience livestreaming on Twitch and Facebook Live as well as experience managing and working with/alongside low to mid-level streamers on both of those platforms as well as YouTube.
Big Run provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.