This is an exciting opportunity for a Software Project Manager to contribute to the core technology initiative for our Total War Franchise at Creative Assembly based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
You will join a team of two other Project Managers, coordinated by a Senior Development Manager and will be responsible for running multiple teams that are part of our internal engine group. This group has the responsibility to deliver the core technology on which multiple games are based.
As a Software Project Manager, you will manage and support our agile teams to help and drive planning, estimating, and communicating the schedule.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Act as a Scrum Master for multiple teams in our group, managing the team’s schedule while ensuring that the work and priorities are clear and understood to all developers, and that the work is visible to senior stakeholders
- Manage the relationship with the game teams, our internal clients, and plan conflicting priorities while keeping stakeholders up to date.
The Project Managers will together define the processes that run all the teams in the core technology group.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Solid experience in project management applied to planning and operating Software or Games as a Service
- Practical experience with Agile methodologies
- Good understanding of production and tech
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Focused and self-motivated
- Proactively looks for improvement to processes, teams, or projects
- Excellent organisational, management and problem-solving skills with a pragmatic approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with a task management system like Jira
- Expert of agile methodology
- Expert of Jira
- Experience in the game industry
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.