This is an exciting opportunity for a Software Project Manager to contribute to the core technology initiative for our Total War Franchise at Creative Assembly based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
As Software Project Manager, you will be responsible for running multiple teams that are part of our internal engine group. You will join a team of three other Project Managers, coordinated by a Senior Development Manager. Together the PM’s will define the processes that run all the teams in the core technology group. This group has the responsibility to deliver the core technology on which multiple games are based.
As a Software Project Manager, you will manage and support our agile teams to help and drive planning, estimating, and communicating the schedule. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Act as a Scrum Master for multiple teams in our group, managing the team’s schedule while ensuring that the work and priorities are clear and understood to all developers, and that the work is visible to senior stakeholders
- Manage the relationship with the game teams - our internal clients - and plan conflicting priorities while keeping stakeholders up to date
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Solid experience in project management applied to planning and operating Software or Games as a Service
- Practical experience with Agile methodologies
- Good understanding of production and tech
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Focused and self-motivated
- Always looking for ways to improve our process, team, or project
- Excellent organisational, management and problem-solving skills with a pragmatic approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with a task management system like Jira
- Expert of agile methodology
- Expert of Jira
- Experience in the game industry
- Experience with production data analysis (team’s capacity, velocity etc.)
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.