Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Job Purpose: Jagex has grown organically to become one of the most successful PC online games studio in the world. The company is now looking to expand its portfolio of games to new platforms, geographies and distribution models, all of which will be highly data driven, backed by robust industry and player research. The strategy manager will be a key member of the team and support strategic initiatives on both the corporate and product level. The successful candidate will be conducting market and player research and evaluating M&A opportunities for Jagex. This individual will work together with other members of the team to effectively collaborate with the studio’s games development team, marketing department and data sciences team to improve the overall position of our games and Jagex as a studio. Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Support VP and Senior Manager of Strategy on key strategic projects end-to-end: define the problem, develop a hypothesis, structure the analysis, collect the necessary data, communicate findings thoughtfully, and build consensus with internal stakeholders
- Gather gaming company information through numerous sources and support evaluation and execution of potential merger and acquisition opportunities by conducting due diligence, developing business cases, building detailed financial models (DCF, comps, accretion / dilution), and working closely with internal leaders and external advisors
- Conduct market research, monitor the competitive landscape, build and maintain competitor tracking and benchmarking
- Draft marketing documents and reporting documents for M&A initiatives
- Maintain strategy team data base and third-party data subscription
- Be “scientifically creative” in communicating research results to internal stakeholders using data visualization tools
- Enthusiastic about the game industry and gamer at heart
- Demonstrate strategic visions, business insights and in-depth knowledge of the gaming sector
- Strong primary data research and secondary research background, including knowledge of various quantitative and qualitative analysis methods
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and quantitative skills, including strong financial modelling abilities
- Prior work experience in strategy consulting, investment banking or related areas
- Knowledge of SQL, Tableau or Python for data processing will be a plus
- Effective team player who take a proactive approach towards work
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and comfort with ambiguity and changing environment
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.