Creative Assembly is seeking a senior, cross-discipline marketing professional to take up a new leadership position as head of our marketing departments across the studio. This role will be based at our headquarters in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
As a key member of the senior leadership team, you will work closely with both the development teams internally and SEGA publishing teams, directing best-practice, cross-team co-ordination and driving innovative and creative campaigns from our Marketing, Brand, Creative Services, PR and Community departments.
For this role, you will be a confident and accomplished leader, with a proven track record of success in a similar position and the skills necessary to define and shape our studio’s marketing capability and execution for the future.
This role can be offered as hybrid or fully in-studio depending on candidate requirements. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As Studio Marketing Director, you will report directly to the Studio Director and hold direct lead responsibility for our Communications (PR & Community), Creative (Design & Content) and Marketing (Campaign & Partnerships) Directors. Through them and their teams, you will provide marketing campaign strategy, planning and execution in support of our project titles and franchises.
Your teams will work intimately alongside Franchise and Product Directors and Leads; maximising and tailoring our go-to-market approach and the effectiveness and efficiency of our global marketing campaigns.
Across both launch and post-launch activity, you and your teams will provide sustained support and expertise, providing pre-launch and launch event marketing executions and continual games-as-a-service acquisition alongside our publishing partners at SEGA.
You will represent the Marketing function at the top of the business bringing strategic insight and input into the direction of the business.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Grow and develop a high-performing cross-discipline team through strong culture-building and role-modelling our studio values. Providing support and mentoring for your reporting directors, ensuring hiring requirements and resource plans are met, and that each member of your team has a tailored and well-considered personal development plan
- Provide overview and accountability for best-practice processes and execution to ensure a smooth-running, highly-effective and continuously improving team environment
- Administer and determine the correct resourcing levels across projects; judging competing needs, priorities and the wider requirements of the business while providing advice and support to your directors and the franchise and project leadership teams
- Foster effective and efficient working practices both within the studio and with our publishing partner SEGA; ensuring teams are working collaboratively with common aligned goals and priorities and clear processes and lines of communication are established and reinforced
- Oversee, manage and recommend marketing budgets and investment levels across a variety of projects and campaign stages; being the key stakeholder in the application of promotional budget spend and evangelist for innovative activities and efficient allocations and cost-control practices
- Have an exceptional eye for strong creative and design, understanding the application of different media and technologies and be a supporter of pushing art and craft-led marketing initiatives
- Demonstrate ambition and drive in creating future marketing strategies and owning and building on the results of your decisions and work to further increase the capabilities and expertise within CA.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Multi-disciplinary team and business unit lead at a senior level. A record of developing high-performing teams and individuals
- Previous strong experience of entertainment brand/product and marketing ownership and product launches. A portfolio of excellent, effective marketing campaigns
- Extensive experience of Games as a Service or Service-based marketing and communications
- Effective management of complex projects and significant budgets, with a demonstrable record of increasing reach, acquisition, engagement and retention
- A motivated professional with experience in mentoring, coaching and motivating your staff, and incisive stakeholder management across senior and creative teams
- Superb relationship building and communication skills; able to influence and persuade effectively and collaboratively
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Wider business and team management experience across different sectors and team disciplines would be an advantage
- Previous experience and current understanding of the games industry would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in creative or media agencies would be valuable
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry is desirable.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.