System Administrator / IT all-rounder (m/f/x)
Egosoft is looking for an experienced IT all-rounder who is familiar with various administration assignments and is open to learning and implementing new elements and processes. In addition to the ongoing administration of Windows and Linux servers, the IT all-rounder will also be responsible for modernising and optimising our website, among other things, and will document their work neatly to ensure the best possible teamwork.
The ideal candidate is keeping up-to-date on developments in their field of expertise and will provide management with profound and solutions-oriented suggestions for the improvement of operational processes.
This is a full-time position based in Würselen, Germany, and available immediately.
- Able to proactively gather feedback from the entire team and translate it into your field of expertise
- Open to close-knit teamwork, both locally and online
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proactive and customer-oriented work approach
- Good communication skills
- Eligible for work in EU
- Passionate about sci-fi, space and video games
- Very good knowledge and experience in administration of:
- Windows based server systems
- Linux based server systems
- Windows Domain Networks (Active Directory)
- Microsoft IIS
- Apache Web Server
- Virtualization environments (e.g., Hyper-V, Azure)
- Very good knowledge and experience in usage of:
- PHP (Website / phpBB forum)
- Experience in usage of planning and documentation software (e.g., Jira, Confluence)
- Good knowledge of data security best practices and secure user authentication methods
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with programming language Go and Lua
- Familiarity with the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana)
- Knowledge of (classic) ASP
- Experience in programming scripts
- Knowledge of Linux Workstations
- Familiar with router and switch administration
- Accustomed to building, re-assembling and setting up PCs
- Knowledge of GDPR requirements and implementation
- Experience in Community Management (Support)
Egosoft is one of the most long-standing companies in the German games industry. As a fully independent company, we have been focusing on the development of the X game series (space simulation / sandbox) for over 20 years. Our international team enjoys direct lines of communication, flat hierarchies, employee-friendly working conditions, a high degree of flexibility and competitive salaries. In a familial environment, we rely on teamwork to achieve our common goals.
Located in the vibrant Meuse-Rhine Euroregion, the company location benefits from a fascinating, cross-border European diversity and an associated high quality of life - regardless of whether you ultimately want to live in Germany, the Netherlands or Belgium.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, including your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants.