Our client is a major Games Developer with multiple studios in the UK. They’re focused on creating fun console games using a world-famous IP.
As a Systems Designer you will follow the direction of the Lead Level Designer and will design and build high quality systems which support the vision and creative pillars of our clients game and IP.
- Proven game design experience, with a title shipped in a systems design position.
- Knowledge of game and systems design with an understanding of core systems, game progression, levelling, economy, balance, rewards & usability.
- Ability to describe approaches and techniques that deliver compelling game systems in modern games
- A passion for creating fun and accessible games for children and families.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Experience of scripting, ideally in Blueprint
- Excellent rapid prototyping skills
- Ability to take direction and feedback well and self-critique.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience of UE4/ UE5 an advantage
- Under the direction of the Lead Designer, you will design and build high quality systems which support the vision and creative pillars of the game and IP
- Create and maintain game system specifications, including meta-game, core systems, levelling, economy, and rewards systems
- Clearly pitch system designs and features and liaise with other designers and disciplines to ensure the systems are understood and supported in the game
- Via regular reviews you will iterate on feedback from the Lead & other designers, to meet the agreed quality bar.
- Closely collaborate with other disciplines, (gameplay coders, artists, animators), understanding their role and building a positive relationship to ensure that they are involved in the design process.
- Follow design’s best practice, and ensure your work maintains stability & quality throughout development
- Take part in design reviews, and be willing to take feedback and produce solutions
- Play the game regularly, providing feedback in a clear and constructive manner
- Work with the production teams & lead systems designer to verify that your task estimations are reasonable, communicating on progress and delivering your work to deadlines at quality.
- Encourage a culture of professionalism, collaboration, and respect.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health and wellbeing activities
- Social Events
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!