A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for using creative recruiting methods to identify, approach and hire best in class candidates for the organisation across all business functions. The role will include working with staff and managers of all levels; providing expertise, reports and guidance on the full range of Recruitment activities, whilst delivering against aggressive hiring targets to support the company objectives.
As a member of the talent acquisition team, you will use your experience to drive hiring cycles to prompt conclusion through regular internal consultation with recruiting managers and a key focus on time to hire and quality of hire at all times. Key Duties:
- Identify and approach both active and passive candidates for the organisation across all assigned business functions, using a good mix/variety of creative recruiting methods
- Drive hiring cycles forward through regular meetings, reports and hiring manager consultation, seeking at all times to improve internal recruitment flow and process optimization
- Look after the entire lifecycle of recruitment and recruitment strategy for assigned roles, including the design, placement of employment advertising, job offers, etc
- Generate a worldwide recruitment network of talent through sourcing, screening, and interviewing a diverse slate of candidates using a variety of media/recruiting tools
- Network and stay current with trends and insights related to talent acquisition, keeping the recruitment team and business updated
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to hiring managers and all internal stakeholders that touch point with recruitment
- Coach and mentor junior members of the Recruitment Team
- Continually improve and evolve our recruitment practices and tools in order to ensure the best service is delivered
- Promote Jagex as an ‘Employer of Choice’ and represent the company in the most professional manner when attending events around the country
- Any other duties relevant to the success of the Recruiting function, HR team or wider company objectives
- Proven success either within an in-house or agency recruitment environment with a preference for experience of both
- Phenomenal sourcing skills with limited reliance on advert response
- Ability to pick up new roles outside your comfort zone with ease and gather market intelligence quickly and effectively
- Experience using a wide range of sourcing tools and techniques.
- Experience using a range of applicant tracking systems and tailoring these to the needs of the team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, comfortable with dealing with all levels of seniority
- Proven experience of running multiple recruitment campaigns using social media
- Self-starting personality with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to see the broader recruiting process
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Experience in a video game, software, IT, entertainment, visual effects, or animation company
- Extensive knowledge of the computer games industry and an active gamer
- An eye for game standard art and animation
- A background in engineering, IT or tech recruitment
- Experience working within a game studio environment
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.