Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Technical AI Designer to join our excellent Design team based at out studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
As Technical Designer on the project, your skills and knowledge will be important for considering long term goals of the game technology, game features, game content, production and design pipelines, and general design. This will also involve considering short term issues like feature changes and re-purposing. You will contribute to high quality feature development that provides long term value to Total War. Specialising in AI, you will contribute heavily to the project's AI design, workflows, and supporting tools.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Design and implement AI and game features while collaborating with other departments to make sure we create the best possible gameplay experience for players
- Maintain consistent communication ties with the Technical Design team to co-ordinate and share technology
- Bridging communication between disciplines, projects, and games teams
- Working with Tool developers and AI Designers to develop and improve our tools and workflows
- Working with the AI Design and Programming teams to develop long-term, robust, systems and features
- Working with other Technical Designers to gain a holistic view of systems, and contribute AI expertise
- Inform and advising on technical limitations and their impacts on development, and providing alternatives and fallbacks
- Constantly monitoring design implementation processes and searching for opportunities to improve or streamline.
Strong communication skills will work to your advantage in this role, as you'll be proactively communicating demands and requirements of new feature development with team members in the course of your work. Naturally, this will also take advantage of your teamwork skills, working with a variety of people to problem solve in a helpful and productive way.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Familiar with programming, programming principles, and one or more programming or scripting languages
- Experience working in AI
- Affinity for communication, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working closely with other disciplines, especially programmers
- Comfortable working in, and rapidly becoming familiar with, unfamiliar systems
- A strong desire to seek out and learn new skills and knowledge
- Previous Technical Design role in game development environment
- Experience with Lua, C#, or C++
- Experience in Investigating Data
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.