Our client is the creator of one of the world’s best-known FPS franchises.
As a Technical Animator, you’ll have the opportunity to work with Unreal Engine 5 and other cutting-edge technologies as you help create high-quality animations for characters, creatures, and objects in their games. You’ll get to work on exciting projects for a leading gaming company, and have an opportunity to collaborate with a talented team of developers and artists.
- Background in games development having shipped a PC/Console title as a Technical Animator or similar
- Ability to script in Maya and Motion Builder
- Ability to create and define tools for art and animation pipelines
- Maya knowledge and experience (rigging, HIK, managing refs, creating tools etc.)
- Motion Builder knowledge and experience (Characterising, Solving, Retargeting, importexport etc.)
- Good all round UE Knowledge and Experience
- Good fundamental knowledge and capability of UE Animation systems, including BlueprintsState Machines, ControlRig, etc.
- An understanding of Motion Matching and its implementation
- Experience with building procedural character systems, eg, Ground alignment / Foot IK, Aim controllers etc. utilizing UE ControlRig.
- Experience with MetaHumans, skeletonrigs (Body and face)
- Facial animation systems (Knowledge and experience of methods for MetaHuman facial animation, FaceCapLip-Syncing; Live-LinkARKit, Nvidia Audio2Face, etc.)
- Build high fidelity animation Rigs
- Take part in researching latest technical breakthroughs related to animations and motions within Unreal Engine 5
- Prototyping animation systems
- Help define and establish agreed technical constraints together with the Tech Lead for internal and outsourcing teams
- Co-ordinate with the animation lead to facilitate the creation of pipelines for animation
- Supervise internal and external animation deliveries to meet technical requirements
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to secure deliverables of properly rigged characters, and associated technical animation requirements
- Perform rig fixes and troubleshooting during production, and overseeing the skinning of a wide variety of characters
- Offer ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues
- Help ensure that art and animation quality remain uncompromised by limitations of technical processes
- Remote Contracts from countries in the EU time zone
- VISA and Relocation support if required
- Competitive salaries
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Flexible working hours and no-notice holidays
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425