Our client is an established worldwide publisher and developer of interactive entertainment. Their portfolio includes Action Games, RPG, FPS and Simulators.
In this position you will be part of a fantastic Technical Animation team working on a Fantasy RPG due for release on Consoles / PC.
- Unreal Engine experience.
- Passion about the games industry.
- Knowledge of procedural system such as IKs, rigid bodies and Control Rig.
- Knowledge of physical simulation setup such as ragdolls and cloth simulation within performance limitations.
- Good understanding of UE animation workflow (from importing animation assets to debugging).
- Python or C++ experience, or a desire to learn.
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills.
- Setup characters which include ragdoll, dynamics (rigid bodies, fake physics), cloth simulation, IKs, procedural setup depending on the scope, optimisation.
- Build Animation Blueprints and maintenance for main player, NPCs and enemies/bosses, which includes creating logic, animation graphs and sub-systems depending on the gameplay scope.
- Build small tools such as animModifiers to help automatise animation tasks for animators.
- Help ensure that art and animation quality remain uncompromised by limitations of technical processes.
- Define workflows and pipelines in consultation with animation, art, and technical leads, to secure an efficient flow from all departments involved in in-game characters.
- Help define and establish agreed technical constraints together with the Tech Lead for internal and outsourcing teams.
- Be a part of a close-knit team with support and advice always available.
- Work with Unreal Engine 5.
- Use initiative
- Take the ownership of the task, make decisions, and deliver it in the highest quality possible.
- Be involved in researching latest technical breakthroughs related to animations and technologies within Unreal Engine.
- Supervise internal and external animation deliveries to meet technical requirements for animation and follow established pipelines.
- Contribute to the estimation, planning, and prioritisation of tasks.
- Maya rigging and skinning
- Experience with mocap
- Lip sync, especially FaceFX
- Full Time Remote Contracts from countries in the EU.
- Competitive Salary.
- Flexible hours.
- Working in a highly experienced team of developers, with high motivation and passion.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!