Job Type: Permanent
Project: Open World Games
OPM is proud to be working with an award-winning developer of premium games that entertain millions of gamers across the globe with amazing and immersive gaming experiences. They are expanding the Animation team on one of their major open world titles.
Our client is hiring a Technical Animator to join their development team, either in Malmo or Stockholm. As a Technical Animator you'll be responsible for skinning and rigging characters and other in-game objects, setting-up and maintaining animation pipelines and facilitating animators and designers to help maximize efficiency in feature development. As a small team they look to promote autonomy where each developer has great ownership and can drive their area of the game forward. The Technical Animator works closely with animators, character artists, animation code and technical artists.
- Python scripting experience
- Knowledge of Autodesk animation software (Maya/Motionbuilder)
- Strong understanding of character mechanics and animation pipelines/workflows
- Experienced in rigging and skinning
- Owning and maintaining animation state machines
- Clear and open communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Desire to work as part of a team; taking feedback and direction appropriately, and the motivation to work independently
- Character rigging and setup for human, weapon and animal character
- Driving animation pipelines, and regularly improving upon them
- Working in collaboration with animators, designers and programmers to implement realisation of player mechanics and npc characters
- Communicate effectively with content teams to identify workflow issues, spec out the plan to solve them, and then drive that plan to a shippable state
- Use your technical expertise to find creative solutions to challenging problems
- Complete relocation support including VISA
- Competitive compensation package
- Free games!
- Health care allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Companywide social events!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!