OPM’s client is looking for a Technical Art Director who will be helping on a AAA racing-game series.
The successful candidate will join one of the biggest companies in the UK working on the one of the best racing series in the world.
The successful candidate combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. You will be the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and art production workflows. Reporting to the Art Director, you will help shape the future of the Tech Art team within a globally recognised racing game.
- Experience with 3DS Max
- Scripting ability with maxscript and python
- Experience writing shaders using HLSL
- Solid programming skills with C++, C#, WPF
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in game content creation
- In-depth knowledge of leading game engines
- You will have experience from previously released titles – across 2 – 3 full dev cycles
- To understand the use of Lidar and photogrammetry in art pipelines
- To understand automation around data-driven content creation pipeline
- You will have ownership of the Technical Art Group on the project and help shape the future of the game
- This will include being a mentor to other technical art team members and artists
- You will be the conduit between art and code, and facilitate communication between the groups, helping with asset creation methodologies and techniques, debugging and bug fixing of project assets and ensuring performance of all game art and assets
- Work with the art, design and code teams to develop new visual features to push the game forward, and help to design the pipelines and processes needed to make these features production ready.
- Help with the design and implementation of DCC tools for art and design use. Focusing on 3DS Max, but also Substance painter, Houdini, in-house tools and others
- Be involved with the creation and maintenance of plugins for 3DS Max using C++
- You will work with the art teams to create in-game and 3DS Max shaders using HLSL
- Your success will be measured by ensuring our content creators can maintain our high visual quality and performance bar, while hitting our annual street dates
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415