Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Codemasters have been making iconic games for over 30 years. We're a world-leader in the development of racing titles across studios in the UK and Malaysia. We've been creators and guardians of some of the most adored titles and are proud to be the home of the official games of FORMULA ONE. Ask anyone in Team Codies what the secret to our success is and they'll tell you it's about the people; the creativity; the vision; the tech and the family: One Codemasters. We've reached where we are today by raising the game, empowering people and sharing our passion to make the greatest racing games in the world.
The Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and art production workflows. Reporting to the Art Director, you will help shape the future of the Tech Art team within Formula One.
- You will have ownership of the Technical Art Group on the F1 project
- You will be a mentor to other technical art team members and artists
- You will be the conduit between art and code, and facilitate communication between the groups.
- You will Work with art, design and code teams to develop new visual features to push the F1 games forward, and help to design the pipelines and processes needed to make these features production ready.
- You will help with the design and implementation of DCC tools for art and design use. Focusing on 3DS Max, but also Substance painter, Houdini, in-house tools and others
- You will be involved with the creation and maintenance of plugins for 3DS Max using C++
- You will work with the art teams to create in-game and 3DS Max shaders using HLSL
- You will assist the art teams with asset creation methodologies and techniques
- You will assist all departments with debugging and bug fixing of project assets
- You will work with art and code teams to ensure performance of all game art assets
- You will work with art and code teams to push the boundaries of how we create the future of F1 games
- Your success will be measured by ensuring our content creators can maintain our high visual quality and performance bar, while hitting our annual street dates
- You will be able to manage your own time and that of the tech art department
- You will have an understanding of the use of Lidar and photogrammetry in art pipelines
- You will have an understanding of automation around data driven content creation pipelines
- Experience with 3DS Max
- Scripting ability with maxscript and python
- Experience writing shaders using HLSL
- Solid programming skills with C++, C#, WPF
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in game content creation
- In-depth knowledge of leading game engines
- You will have experience from previously released titles – across 2 – 3 full dev cycles
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.