This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console/PC Games
OPM’s client are an award winning, innovative game studio based in the UK. They are currently seeking an experienced Technical Art Director to join their team.
The successful candidate will oversee the Technical Art processes. Pipelines and overall quality across the games of the studio. They will also be responsible for the technologies and techniques that the studio uses to ensure balance between quality and game performance.
- Research and manage the discovery of potential methodologies and solutions to achieve the visual goals of the project
- Oversee and direct the studios Technical Art and VFX teams across multiple projects
- Work closely with the Code, Design and Art teams to recognize, research and help implement innovative ideas and technical art features needed for each projects vision
- Define the roadmap and long-term vision for the Technical Art and VFX teams
- Plan against the needs of the various disciplines that require technical art support
- Work closely with the other content creators to drive in game budgets and ensure proper game performance and optimisation
- Push research and development into new software and art techniques through knowledge of emerging trends and technologies in games, media and visual effects
- Create relationships with the Technical teams from other Sumo studios to collaborate, share and leverage technologies that would be useful to Sumo Nottingham projects
- Manage and lead training across the Art and Technical Art Teams
- Extensive industry experience as a Technical Artist working on Image Quality, Shaders & Materials, Lighting, Post FX, Rendering, Performance, and Pipelines
- Experience on multiple shipped 3D titles in a leadership capacity
- In-depth understanding of Shaders, Lighting, and Rendering systems
- Outstanding understanding of game development process from concept and pre-production, through production, to finalising and optimisation
- Good experience and knowledge of content pipelines on modern game consoles
- Technical proficiency and knowledge of common and proprietary tools and technology used for content creation
- Experience driving the optimisation of content for game engines
- Experience in sculpting, modelling, rigging and animation and understanding of the related workflows
- Ability to work with a team to troubleshoot issues and create efficient pipelines and processes.
- In-depth understanding and proficiency in programming/scripting Languages or similar systems required for tools and pipelines
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!