This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are currently seeking an experienced Technical Art Director to oversee the art technology process, pipelines, and quality across their titles.
- Oversee and direct the Technical Artists at the studio across multiple projects and genres
- Work alongside the Programming and Art teams across the studio to identify, research and help implement the technical art features needed for our games vision
- Test content creation tools and pipelines to develop and improve our existing processes
- Push research and development into new software and art techniques
- Guide the team’s approach to content creation and tools
- Organise and lead training across the Art and Technical Art Teams
- Strong experience as a Senior or Lead Technical Artist on shipped PC or Console titles
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Outstanding leadership and tutoring skills
- Great management skills with ability to keep track of work across multiple projects
- In-depth knowledge of the technical constraints of game engines and platforms
- Strong knowledge of 2D and 3D graphics software
- Knowledge and Interest in shading, scripting, lighting, VFX rigging and animation
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
- Understanding of a scripting (e.g. Python, MEL Script) or programming language
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4 in a game development environment
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!