This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: MMO Games
OPM’s client independent game development studio developing next generation game centred a large-scale, persistent virtual world that aims to redefine the MMO landscape.
They are seeking a Technical Artist specialising in Houdini to join their team based in Berlin and help build the vast world of for their game.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work on a ground-breaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development.
- Deep understanding of using Houdini for games production including asset & world generation
- Great understanding of artistic fundamentals and art creation for games
- Familiar with PDG workflow, fundamental Vex and Python
- Experience using Unity for map/level building, lighting, etc.
- Understanding of industry standard software packages such as Maya, Blender, etc.
- Understanding of Linear Algebra and Trigonometry
- Understanding of PBR workflows
- Consistent prototyping and idea validation approach
- Work with game designers, engineers, and artists on testing and integrating features, workflows – mainly focusing on procedurally generating game worlds
- Plan, explore, and document world generation features
- Assist in refining and establishing art content workflow and guidelines for world creation
- Communicate with other disciplines for task planning and prioritising
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Experience with mobile platform restrictions
- Experience with Heightfields and texture generation in Houdini
- HLSL fundamentals
- C# knowledge or experience
- Ability to write tools to enable Tech Animation and Animation Pipeline
- Rigging & skinning in Maya
- 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel reimbursement
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours
- A dog-friendly office
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 01206 214 412!