Job Type: Permanent
Project: Console/PC Games
Our client is searching for a technical character artist to join their character art team working on an unannounced project in Unreal engine 5. If you are always trying to think one step ahead, if you are always trying to create new tools and shaders to push the character art a little bit further, and if it feels like home when you launch Unreal engine, then you might be the technical artist they have been looking for to join their character art team!
- Worked on at least one game that has been released with a similar position.
- Great sense of communication – you are a team player
- Good artistic eye in general, knowledge in art (painting, drawing, cinema, video games etc)
- Great technical skills to understand the impact that specific character technologies can have on performance
- Mastering real time editors like Unreal engine
- Feeling strongly confident working with blueprints and shaders.
- Used to programming languages like Python or HLSL.
- A good understanding of character pipelines (highpoly/lowpoly/texturing/softwares)
- Translating an artistic vision into an innovative technical solution
- Designing and implementing tools that will facilitate the character's team production following recommendations the character art lead and technical art director will share with you (Blueprints/shaders creation, new tools etc.)
- Being a point of contact between the animators / riggers and the character team in order to solve multiple challenges concerning different teams
- Supporting the artists creating content using in-house and commercial DCC tools
- Keeping track of the impact the systems you are creating/using can have on performances with the help of the lead character artist and technical art director
- Being a point of contact between the development team and the art team
- Other related responsibilities could be assigned depending on the project's needs
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214412!