This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Multi-platform Games
OPM’s client is a critically acclaimed development studio seeking a talented and versatile Technical Artist to join development at the pre-production stage of their latest open-world multiplayer game involving a well-known IP.
The successful candidate will use their experience and know-how to support game art pipelines and techniques used by their production teams, helping to assess and enhance the quality of their development processes.
- You will be working closely with the Technical Director and the Art Director, acting as a link between the two teams.
- You will be developing solutions and tools for use between the technical and art teams.
- You will be heavily involved in developing the art pipeline as well as researching, documenting, and implementing solutions to maintain performance and improve the efficiency of the project.
A strong portfolio that demonstrates the key areas listed below:
- Solid experience as a Technical Artist or a similar position, having shipped at least one title
- Able to proactively troubleshoot issues and create suitable solutions
- Superb understanding of real time rendering techniques and PBR material workflows
- Expert understanding of various industry standard DCC software packages, such as 3Ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Suite etc
- Demonstrable familiarity with identifying and pushing performance goals and optimisations for open world development on consoles and PCs
- Great communication skills and drive to deliver consistently on time
- A drive for documenting various tools and workflows
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Working knowledge of 3D/vector maths.
- Production experience with Unreal Engine 4 in a variety of areas
- Strong eye for aesthetics and detail
- Working knowledge of a scripting languages such as Python, C++, MAXScript, MEL etc
- Experience with procedural pipelines (Houdini) techniques
- Ability to rapidly prototype and ability to investigate other options and ideas
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Emma on +44 (0) 1206214412 or mail a copy of your CV to email@example.com