OPM are pleased to be working with a long-standing client keen to deliver high-end interactive and immersive AAA experiences. They are seeking an experienced Technical Artist (Rigging) to join their studio.
The successful candidate will create high quality animation rigs and deformation for characters, creatures and props, as well as working closely with the art and animation teams to improve the quality and efficiency of the content workflow.
- Working with the animation team to define and create animation rigs for characters, creatures and props.
- Own the skinning and deformation process for a variety of rigged assets.
- Act as the bridge across both technical and creative disciplines.
- Comfortable with all forms of character / prop deformation (bones, blend shapes, displacement maps, runtime cloth and joint physics etc.).
- Create tools and scripts which increase productivity of the animation team and other content creators.
- Debug problems in engine and provide solutions.
- Foresee potential issues and communicate effectively to department leads.
- Critique assets on an ongoing basis to drive continual improvement and ensure quality across the game within defined budgets.
- Prior professional experience as a Technical Artist, working on at least one AAA title
- Understanding of rigging pipelines and able to provide solutions to complex deformation model
- Understanding of art authoring packages and transitioning data to engine
- Experience using Unreal Engine would be an advantage
- Professional Knowledge of Maya
- Additional knowledge of any of the following would be an advantage: Maya scripting languages, Python, Maya API, Python QT, Motion builder, Anatomy.
- Our client makes big games with small teams – you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance x6 time annual salary
- Quarterly profit related bonus scheme
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!