Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are an award-winning studio based in the UK. They are well known for their popular gaming titles based on world famous IP as well as their own original IP.
They are currently seeking a Technical Artist who will report to the Technical Art Director and collaborate with other departments to create beautiful and efficient materials and workflows.
- Create shaders across a range of styles from photo-real and physically based to unique creative styles
- Analyse reference and concept art to create real-time renderable assets
- Create assets and develop workflows including colour processes, textures, shading networks, VFX and screen effects that support the creative vision for the game
- Deliver the high visual quality possible within technical constraints
- Optimising shaders and troubleshooting assets
- Portfolio with examples of shaders, textures and VFX assets
- Experience on multiple shipped titles creating great looking, real-time shaders and materials
- Background using Substance suite’s procedural material workflows and pipelines
- Familiarity with physically based shader texture sets and pipelines
- Understanding of HLSL/GLSL, including shader optimisation
- Understanding of UV tools and methods
- Adept in the use of Z-Brush or Mud box to create normal maps, heights maps and displacement maps
- Experience working with shaders in game engines like Unreal or Unity
- Understanding of game rendering pipelines, especially shading, lighting and reflections
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!