Junkfish is looking for a Technical Audio Designer with a passion for video games and the talent and skills to create them to join our audio team on a full-time basis. If you enjoy being involved in creating world glass games, have experience using game software tools, enjoy working in a collaborative team environment then do not hesitate to apply.
We encourage candidates to apply regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other diversifying factor, as we strive to improve equal opportunities and accessibility within the industry.
- Implement audio assets within Audiokinetic's Wwise and Unity
- Manage Wwise project organization, structures, gameplay parameter setups, and performance memory optimizations.
- Work alongside programmers and other members of the audio department to build and maintain the interactive audio playback systems based on creative vision and gameplay needs.
- Collaborate with other disciplines (art, design and QA) to ensure audio systems are incorporated into all aspects of gameplay.
- Support the audio vision of the game in collaboration with the Audio Department Lead and Lead Audio Designer
- Apply best practices of technical audio workflows and systems
- Troubleshoot and debug audio tools, systems and functionality, and fix audio bugs that are reported by the QA Team.
Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrate experience in interactive audio system design and maintenance (games, installations, etc.)
- Shipped at least one game, indie or otherwise
- Skilled with Audiokinetic's Wwise (Wwise 201 Certification or equivalent experience)
- Experience with Wwise and Unity Integration
- Some C# scripting experience
- Experience implementing audio in Unity
- Understanding of the technical audio constraints for game development across different platforms
- Experience using version control software: p4v, SVN, SourceTree, etc
- Wwise 251 Certification (or above) and/or equivalent experience is a plus
- Experience working in Unreal Engine
- Shipping 1+ mobile game(s) is a plus
To apply for this position please send examples or a demo reel showcasing your technical audio skills and your CV to email@example.com
Isolated examples of your technical audio skills are ideal. Document what you specifically contributed to any examples of collaborative projects. This is not a content creation role. Music and sound design reels will not be considered.