Junkfish Ltd is looking for a Technical Audio Designer to join our development team. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a friendly and dynamic team to help optimize, implement and deploy audio within Unity and Wwise.
As part of a culture that celebrates diversity, we encourage you to apply regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other diversifying factor as we strive to improve equal opportunities and accessibility within the industry.
You’ll be working with the audio lead to manage the Wwise project, ensuring audio content is set up and deployed on time for our multiplayer asymmetric horror game, “Monstrum 2” which is in Early Access. You will be encouraged to give feedback, alongside all other disciplines, to the team as a whole.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Implement audio assets within Audiokinetic’s Wwise and Unity
- Manage Wwise project organization, structures, gameplay parameter setups, and performance memory optimizations
- Work alongside programmers and Audio Lead to develop and maintain the framework of audio playback systems based on creative vision and game-play needs
- Collaborate with various disciplines (art, design, and engineering) to ensure audio systems are incorporated into all aspects of game-play
- Support the audio vision of the game by working with the Audio Lead
- Define and apply best practices of technical audio workflows and systems
- Troubleshoot and debug audio tools, systems, and functionality
- Assist in Audio Lead in content creation as needed
- Have 2+ years of professional technical audio experience
- Is highly skilled with Audiokinetic’s Wwise (Wwise 201 Certification or equivalent experience)
- Have experience with Wwise and Unity integration
- Some C# scripting experience
- Have knowledge of and experience with building and maintaining interactive audio systems
- Have experience with audio recording, editing, processing, and mixing techniques
- Proficient with at least one DAW (Reaper, Ableton, ProTools, Logic, etc.)
- Understanding of the technical audio constraints regarding audio implementation of current console platforms
- Familiarity with source control (Perforce, SVN, SourceTree, etc)
- Familiarity with task management tools (Jira/Trello/etc)