This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console/PC Game
OPMs client is a UK games developer with a rich portfolio of action adventure games. They keep high production values close to their heart and it shows in all their games. They are seeking a Technical Designer to join their team in Cambridge.
- You are passionate about player experience with experience in a Senior/Lead/Principle Technical Designer or Mechanics Designer on successful high-end character focused action games.
- You are demonstrably an expert in Unreal Engine (or similar), with excellent scripting skills and great experience in other related packages such as Maya or Houdini.?
- Design and build gameplay mechanics for the game and gameplay systems for the studio allow for rapid iteration, scale, and automation.
- Building gameplay mechanics for the game that are enjoyable to play and that help motivate other designers.
- Working closely with various disciplines to prove out and polish systems to the highest standard?and grow these into robust usable workflows for the studio.??
- You have brilliant gameplay code skills and demonstrated strong design sensibilities in your commercial or personal work.?
- Holiday 23 days per annum (rising 1 day a year for each year of service to a maximum of 33 days)
- Subsidised gym/fitness membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!