This is an excellent opportunity to join our talented and motivated team working on exciting new projects in the Total War universe at our studio in Sofia, Bulgaria.
You'll become part of a world class development team working on the titles of the award winning Total War series and will have the opportunity to make a mark on our new project, contributing to the creation of a genre-defining game.
As a Technical Designer you will be supporting the Design Team through creating scripts and templates, developing pipelines and features in both concept and production phase.
You will work closely with gameplay coders and designers to ensure a smooth implementation of new features and you will hold yourself to a high-quality standard and ensure your code is robust, and your script is both clean and adhering to the best practices and guidelines.
You will need to communicate clearly and effectively ensuring everyone works together, but also bring a high-level set of technical skills to the project as these will be critical for being successful in this role.
You will be required to facilitate the efficiency and quality of the production process by providing feedback to and assisting the game design team. Another major aspect of your work wоuld be providing risk assessment.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience using multiple scripting languages - Blueprint, LUA, and similar
- Experience working with relational databases
- Excellent problem solver, capable of easily getting to the root cause and resolve issues
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Great attention to detail
- Experience in creating and maintaining technical documentation on features, processes, practices, pipelines etc.
- Previous experience in a Technical Design role in game development environment, ideally working on AAA titles
- Game Scripting/Modding experience
- Passion for playing and making Total War games
- Familiarity with C/C++ or similar coding language
- Rudimentary ability to code in C/C++
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.