OPM’s client are a new company co-founded by industry veterans with two PC/console games in development
The successful candidate will be an experienced game designer who has a strong passion and focus on moment-to-moment gameplay in Unreal Engine 4
- Previous experience balancing moment to moment gameplay in Unreal Engine 4.
- An ability to anticipate, identify and remove any obstacles to allow the design and programming teams to focus on their priority tasks.
- Be a problem solver who knows how to communicate well.
- A strong understanding of game and level design.
- A strong understanding of Unreal Engine.
- Experience using source control tools; Git, SVN, Perfoce & Plastic.
- Be able to extract requirements from a design spec.
- The ability to create tools to streamline workflows and to assist with QA.
- Previous experience working on a commercial title.
- Be the bridge between Design and the Programming departments.
- Have an active say in design in the title.
- Work in-engine to design and balance moment-to-moment gameplay.
- Assist with spawning, collisions, behaviour passes, kill volumes, event triggers.
- Ensure the game features replayable, fun and memorable gameplay.
- develop scalable, reliable and well-engineered solutions.
- Implement features in primarily Blueprint in UE4.
- Comfortable working with UE4 systems.
- Basic knowledge of C++.
- Experience working with a commercially launched game.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!