MELON is a metaverse studio powerhouse, setting the new standard for games, virtual experiences, concerts, and virtual goods through original properties and collaborations across the most significant partnerships in sports, music, fashion, Film/TV, youth products, and more. In addition, they are at the cutting edge of development on the Roblox platform.
Learn more about us: https://melonverse.com
MELON is looking for a Technical Director to join our rapidly expanding team. As a Technical Director, you'll manage how our day-to-day engineering processes play out. In addition, you'll be problem-solving with our tech teams, identifying areas for efficiency and improvement, helping scope out our technical roadmaps, and more. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in this area, be extremely comfortable overseeing teams, and have a passion for gaming.
- Responsible for all technical architecture and processes choices
- Supervise and participate in all projects from staffing, technology/tools options, risks evaluation, dependencies with other projects to ensure the best quality is achieved
- Recommend solutions and approves plans and roadmaps
- Manage the engineering teams
- Sharing expertise in frontend, backend, debugging, and optimization;
- Write and develop robust maintainable high and low-level code to extend engine (Roblox/Unity/Unreal) functionality
- Implement features across current and next-gen platforms, including prototypes and new technologies
- Identify and solve technical problems as they arise, including cross-platform issues, debugging, profiling, and optimizing for reduced memory usage and increased real-time performance
- Maintain and add to an existing codebase, including low/mid-level systems to support pipelines and higher-level programmers
- Research new tools, techniques, and processes and how they can benefit MELON
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Architect and participate in implementing all types of game modules and systems
- Architect and participate in the implementation and maintenance of potential non-game specific systems used by content creators (extensions to engines, tools, build systems, pipeline improvements)
- Work closely with department leads to identify and set technical restrictions and ensure the team adheres to them.
- Excellent Lua/JS/C# and other languages skills (5+ years)
- Experience developing games across a wide range of platforms (smartphone/tablet, console, PC)
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge in general games programming and available games development tools, processes, and infrastructure (Perforce, Services, Tools and Editors, Build Systems, Online, etc.)
- Management and leadership skills
- Knowledge of the technical Pipeline and all the processes needed to make a game.
- Good communication and team working with game developers from all disciplines
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to both drive and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games
- Previous experience with Roblox is a bonus
At MELON, we believe that our progress directly results from diverse, inclusive cultures, so we don't just "tolerate" differences; we celebrate them and see them as essential to our staff, culture, and business since inception, we've been a remote-first company, with a global team of passionate storytellers, designers, developers, and more. We believe in a strong work-life balance, fair compensation regardless of location, and strive constantly to create an environment that makes people excited to come to work.
Agencies: MELON is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and applicants.