You are an experienced Technical Director. You bridge the gap between artists and engineers whilst bringing your own creativity and expertise to the team. You are responsible for the creation and maintenance of pipelines to allow your team to work with confidence.
- Provide direction and management of the technical pipeline for the project.
- Work alongside directors & leads of all disciplines to ensure the technical goals are clearly set and achieved.
- Guide the programming team to implement, test and debug various gameplay mechanics and/or tools.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experienced in guiding and managing a team of developers.
- A great communicator, both with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experienced in the Unreal Engine code base, and happy to work within a customised version of the Engine.
- Knowledgeable about runtime overhead, memory and performance.
- Proficient in object-oriented and non object-oriented programming (C, C++, C#, others).
- An experienced game developer (minimum 6 years in the field) with at least one published AA or AAA title.
- Have experience with multi-platform releases, with a focus on consoles & PC.
- Knowledge on other areas of game development such as sound, art pipelines, and animation pipelines.
- Prior experience working in a customised version of UE.
- A knowledge of shaders (HLSL) with a focus on Unreal would be a huge plus, but certainly not a requirement.
ZA/UM is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. The organisation - in providing goods and/or services and/or facilities - is also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers or the public.