Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is a well-established developer based in Guildford, who are seeking a Technical Director work on their latest studio title for the next gen.
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced engineer with a strong understanding of commercial industry tools. They will join a dynamic team and work across multiple disciplines, with the focus on pushing the boundaries for quality and efficiency to create a genuine AAA experience.
- Extensive experience leading high-performing engineering teams
- Experience taking major AAA console and PC games from concept to completion
- Proficiency in and understanding of C/C++, software architecture & performance
- Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns
- Ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimised code.
- Experience mentoring individual engineers from junior to senior level
- Set the standard for the engineering team in the pursuit of excellence
- Balance hands-on implementation with the need to manage and direct the technical team
- Provide technical insight regarding design and feature sets
- Assist in the recruitment, on-boarding, development, and professional training of the programming team
- Ensure that games are built with a productive methodology and solid coding practices, technical briefs, code reviews, keeping in mind long term quality.
- Work with designers and other engineers to prototype, develop, and refine features
- Rally the team and create visible, wide-spread support for direction.
- Communicate progress and resolution of issues with the ability to set guidelines for peers and support teams.
- Build effective working relationships with key technical, creative and production stakeholders
- Collaborate with the other discipline directors to provide a clear vision for the game, and help to communicate that vision to the team
DESIRED SKILLS (GOOD TO HAVE):
- Experience working on large scale multiplayer games with knowledge of backend systems and infrastructure that can power those to success
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or other large engines
- Experience working on new IP and diving into the uncharted, unexplored game design realms, excited to make paper features become reality
- Employee Assistance Programme (mental health, financial and wellbeing advice)
- Flexible hybrid working
- 24 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance & Eye Tests
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!