This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Next Gen Console Games
OPM have partnered with a new studio looking to create a world class and genre defining AAA Open World title for release on Next Gen consoles.
You will be joining an industry powerhouse in terms of publishing and development.
This is an opportunity to join a team of highly skilled coders based in Barcelona at the beginning of this journey where you will own your area of expertise and contribute fully to the creation of the game.
This truly is something special and you will have input in building a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning and healthy communication for the future of the studio.
- Credited on at least two shipped AAA games as Lead Engine Programmer or Technical Director.
- Strong understanding of Unreal Engine and how to expand it, including its hidden limitations.
- Strong understanding of all game engine systems necessary for an open world AAA.
- Ability to work hands-on as well as leader and mentor to your team.
- Desire to build up a world class AAA team.
- Experience and deep working knowledge on building Game Engine components.
- Experience working in a modern console environment.
- Working together with all other departments to detect specific needs and build a structure that supports rapid prototyping while keeping code stability in the long term.
- Coordinate with QA, Build Engineers, Gameplay and Engine coders to define the best coding processes that balances rapid iteration with stability.
- Champion excellence in programming practices, review code and help architecting the most complex systems.
- Communicate with console manufacturers to identify and get the best of the latest generation hardware.
- Continuously monitor the performance of all game systems.
- Coordinate Engine coders forming code guidelines, code structure and performance budgets.
- Help build up a world class team by being involved in the interviewing and hiring process.
- Be the mentor, guide, and leader of your team of handpicked coders.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!