Special Move is working with an ambitious and growing mobile game studio. Who have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet and are now expanding into PC and console
This year our client is embarking on our most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross-platform IP in partnership with a world-renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate people to join us on our quest to forge a place in players' hearts.
Our client is building a brand new world-leading, cross-platform IP played by millions of gamers and we need a Technical Designer to join the team. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will help shape the architecture for new game systems; as well as, create and implement the more complex technical design elements into the game. You will be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, and you will compose design documentation to a high standard. A core part of the design team and a huge part of this new product, you will have considerable responsibility and autonomy in the design and your tasks.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Drive the development of features by working in close collaboration with production, engineers, designers and other disciplines.
- Provide insightful feedback in design discussions with an emphasis on the realities of the engine and system constraints and how they will impact development.
- Provide accurate risk assessments to production, engineering, and design when new features are proposed.
- Maintain a clear understanding of design direction so that systems can be implemented to spec and design intentions can be communicated clearly to other disciplines.
- Facilitate creation of tool building, prototyping & pipelines to improve design iterations and design ease/speed.
To do this job, you will need:
- Industry experience in a similar Technical Design position.
- 3+ years experience in programming or design.
- Programming experience.
- Strong Scripting experience in C# (Unity), or similar.
- Exceptional understanding of game systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong ability to identify and solve problems throughout all stages of development.
- A genuine passion for games.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Work on large scale multiplayer products.
- An avid player of some of the following genres: MMOs, RPG, Strategy games.
Special Move acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment